Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Perfection


Sometimes I wonder, if a girl really knows how pretty she is. Regardless of who she is/how she looks like. I mean, everyone has said it before, haven't they? "Everything has its own beauty." But does that really mean something? We strive each and everyday being all nutty about how we look. Without all the layers and layers of makeup and behind all those fancy clothes we sometimes aren't even able to afford. Because we are so fond of how we actually would want to look like. Something that is known to be the whole definition of perfect. Gorgeous straight hair, perfect body, amazing skin tone, beautiful face even without a touch of makeup, and not to mention, extremely long legs.

& to be honest, it was never that easy for me as well. I have days where sometimes I just hate myself because of how I look like in the mirror. More often than not, I don't see "pretty". And that's where all the endless shopping and long hours of getting ourselves ready to head out to town comes in and saves the day.

Thinking of it long and hard, what is really ugly is probably s o c i e t y, itself. It gets us wrapped into this ball of insecurity just when we think its fine to look how we look like. So, I say, society can go screw itself because everyone's beautiful. Yes, that might come out as cliche but lets put the truth out there for a second. Everyone has their own perspective of what is beautiful, yes? Well, here's a thought, being perfect is boring. Being different, on the other hand, is what makes you stand out from all the rest. So know that, you are beautiful. And noooo one, could tell you otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment